Plastic sheets, rod and tube are seldom used directly off the floor. Most are cut, routed, thermoformed or somehow manipulated to a desired end shape for a specific application. Whether a fabricator or an OEM in need of an intricate part for a conveyor, Polymershapes can help through one of our plastic fabrication facilities, including FabShapes.
Computerized Numeric Control (CNC) production saws are available in all fabrication facilities and in many branches. CNC allows a cut with tighter tolerances, use of multiple sheeting stacking for high volume production to reduce turn time and part optimization, get the maximum yield from the sheet, reduce waste and help minimize cost.
- Vacuum forming – uses heat and vacuum to form parts over a mold
- Drape forming – heated sheets are draped over a mold and held in place until cooled
- Free blow molding – sheets are heated in a 10’x 12′ oven. An overhead press seals the sheet edges as compressed air is forced from under the sheet to create the dome shape
- Compression forming – uses a female and male mold that shapes the plastics on both sides to the contour fit of both molds
- Plug assist molding -a plug is plunged into the plastic sheet to pre-stretch the material, resulting in a more uniform wall thickness
- Heat Strip Bending
- Cold Forming
- Hot Stamping
- Edge Finishing/Polishing