PI (Polyimide), is an imidized material with a continuous use temperature range of up to 580° F (304° C). It is categorized as an extreme performance material, and offers excellent heat resistance, lubricity, dimensional stability, and chemical resistance.
Benefits of PI
Highly temperature resistant
Good thermal stability
Good electrical properties
- Looking For A Plastic Cutting Service? Find A Plastics Expert
- Use Cases of Colored Acrylic Sheets
- LEXAN Plastic Sheets: Tips For Contractors
- Plastic Sheets – Everything You Need to Know
- Markets Services – Nylon 6/6
- ABS Sheets – Industrial and Commercial Applications
- Everything You Need to Know about HDPE
- Benefits and Attributes – Acetal Plastics
- UHMW Chemical Resistance
- PETG – A 2022 Guide to Engineering and Industrial Applications
- Plexiglass – What is it?
- Plastic Routing Services
|Tensile strength @ break @ 73°F||psi||D638||13,900 – 22,600|
|Flexural modulus @ 73°F||psi||D790||400,000 – 1,300,000|
|Izod impact (notched)||ft-lbs/in of notch||D256||0.79 – 1.6|
|Coefficient of linear thermal expansion (CLTE)||(in/in F)||D696||8.9E-6 to 3.2E-5|
|Water absorption – 24 hours – 1/8″ thick||0.036 – 0.11%||D570||0.60 – 0.62|
|Deflection Temperature Under Load @ 264 psi||°F||D648||451 – 494|
* Technical Data is provided courtesy of UL Prospector (www.ulprospector.com) and IAPD (www.IAPD.org).
Data is to be considered representative and is provided for guidance only. All product performance must be verified by the user under actual application conditions.