Polypropylene (PP) is a semi-crystalline thermoplastic material, with a continuous use temperature range of -4° F (-20° C) to 212° F (100° C). It is categorized as a standard material, and offers excellent toughness, chemical resistance, and processability.
Benefits of Polypropylene Sheet, Rod and Tube
Highly chemical resistant
Superior resistance to stress cracking
Suitable for contact with foodstuffs
Good electrical insulation properties
High surface hardness
Very low water absorption
- PETG – Markets Served and Industry Applications
- PVC-Acrylic – Attributes and Applications
- Plastics for Data Center Aisle Containment
- Fabricated Plastic Parts – Everything You Need To Know
- Performance Plastics: Custom Plastic Sheets for Industrial, Commercial & Military Applications
- The Top Qualities of Aluminum Composite Material Suppliers
- What Is Acetal Plastic Used For In Industrial Applications?
- Looking For A Plastic Cutting Service? Find A Plastics Expert
- Use Cases of Colored Acrylic Sheets
- LEXAN Plastic Sheets: Tips For Contractors
- Plastic Sheets – Everything You Need to Know
- Markets Services – Nylon 6/6
|Units||ASTM Test||Copolymer POLYPROPYLENE||Homopolymer POLYPROPYLENE|
|Tensile strength @ break @ 73°F||psi||D638||1,820 – 4,370||2,670 – 6,430|
|Flexural modulus @ 73°F||psi||D790||115,000 – 215,000||141,000 – 249,000|
|Izod impact (notched)||ft-lbs/in of notch||D256||0.15 – 2.5||0.35 – 0.95|
|Water absorption @ 73°F – 24 hours||%||D570||0.010 – 0.031|
|Coefficient of linear thermal expansion (CLTE)||(in/in F)||D696||4.8E-5 to 8.9E-5||3.6E-5 to 8.9E-5|
|Water absorption – 24 hours – 1/8″ thick||0.036 – 0.11%||D570||0.010 – 0.021|
|Deflection Temperature Under Load @ 264 psi||°F||D648||109 – 143||119 – 230|
* Technical Data is provided courtesy of UL Prospector (www.ulprospector.com) and IAPD (www.IAPD.org).
Data is to be considered representative and is provided for guidance only. All product performance must be verified by the user under actual application conditions.