Rigid polyurethane (PU) delivers a broad range of chemical resistance along with superior impact strength.
Benefits of Polyurethane (PU)
Excellent chemical resistance
Superior impact strength
Excellent mechanical properties
Opaque and translucent grades available
- Looking For A Plastic Cutting Service? Find A Plastics Expert
- Use Cases of Colored Acrylic Sheets
- LEXAN Plastic Sheets: Tips For Contractors
- Plastic Sheets – Everything You Need to Know
- Markets Services – Nylon 6/6
- ABS Sheets – Industrial and Commercial Applications
- Everything You Need to Know about HDPE
- Benefits and Attributes – Acetal Plastics
- UHMW Chemical Resistance
- PETG – A 2022 Guide to Engineering and Industrial Applications
- Plexiglass – What is it?
- Plastic Routing Services
Suppliers / Brands
|Units||ASTM Test||Rigid Polyurethane|
|Tensile strength @ break @ 73°F||psi||D638||2,440 – 9,000|
|Flexural modulus @ 73°F||psi||D790||5,500 – 390,000|
|Izod impact (notched)||ft-lbs/in of notch||D256||0.18 – 1.8|
|Coefficient of linear thermal expansion (CLTE)||(in/in F)||D696||2.25E-5 to 2.1E-4|
|Water absorption – 24 hours – 1/8″ thick||0.036 – 0.11%||D570||0.030 – 0.46|
|Deflection Temperature Under Load @ 264 psi||°F||D648||115 – 204|
* Technical Data is provided courtesy of UL Prospector (www.ulprospector.com) and IAPD (www.IAPD.org).
Data is to be considered representative and is provided for guidance only. All product performance must be verified by the user under actual application conditions.